The new adoration chapel at St. Joseph’s Oratory has its original 1927 leaded windows and tile floor. The wooden St. Joseph the Worker statue has been highlighted with oak backdrop pieces. In 2003, custom curved bench seating was added along the perimeter of the round space. In 2015-2016 the chapel was given a fresh coat of paint and new light fixtures. The tabernacle and base are custom made on campus using salvage oak wood that was saved from a previous refectory on campus. The tabernacle has three glass sides so that the monstrance containing the Holy Eucharist can be seen from any point in the seating area. The new monstrance was purchased just for this chapel. Every bit of this $10,000 transformation is made possible through the generosity of donors–alumni and friends of St. Bonaventure University.
The chapel is supplied with heat, so it can be used in any season.
Scroll through photos below to see stages of development in the renovation process…