Beyond the official ceremonial opening of the Holy Door of Mercy, St. Mary’s will host or take part in several events during the Jubilee Year of Mercy focused on the theme of the love and mercy of God and sharing that love and mercy with others. These include:
- August 6-14, 2016 Novena to Our Lady of Mercy
- a youth pilgrimage to World Youth Day in Poland July22-Aug. 2, 2016 with Pope Francis
- Youth retreat at Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH based on the theme of mercy
- Additional confession times during the Church Festival in June to encourage visitors to take advantages of the special graces associated with crossing the threshold of this Jubilee Door
- 8 week Adult Faith Formation on the Doors of Mercy
- Opportunity for parishioners to help with Back-to-School collection of school supplies sponsored by St. Bonaventure Church in Allegany.
- Opportunity for parishioners in July to join in the Rebuilding Together home on Grossman Ave. in Olean.
Since our Holy Door of Mercy opened, St. Mary of the Angels has held:
- special healing Masses
- additional scheduled times for the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession)
- the annual Christmas dinner serving more than 800 meals on Christmas Day
- a Lenten retreat at St. John’s church given by Most Rev. Donald Trautman, Bishop Emeritus of Erie, Pa
- Divine Mercy week devotions
- Eucharistic Adoration
- a special retreat for young people
- St. Mary’s joined in the world-wide 24 Hours of Mercy celebration which Pope Francis has called to be held on March 4 and 5.